Friday, January 30, 2009

2008 Toorak Village Festival of Sculpture

Monument I & II  Acrylic on Timber 2008  SOLD

Monument I & II  Acrylic on Timber 2008  SOLD

Monument II  Acrylic on Timber 2008  SOLD

Monument IV & III  Acrylic on Timber 2008  SOLD


I have been tentatively getting back into my sculpture over the last year. I actually majored in sculpture at university and am really excited about making moves back in this direction.
In 2008 I was accepted into the 2008 Toorak Village Festival of Sculpture http://www.tooraksculpture.com.au/ which was a very rewarding experience. I entered these small works in the show.

These sculptures were exploring the idea of monuments to the past. They encased or supported monuments to the last of the trees and other organic forms. I suppose an environmental concern underlies each one of them but I was also interested in them working aesthetically with a stark beauty or intrigue of their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment